100 Pounds Lighter, Mandisa to Unveil New Album on April 5

//100 Pounds Lighter, Mandisa to Unveil New Album on April 5

GRAMMY® nominee and American Idol Alum Mandisa has reached her goal of shedding an incredible 100 pounds, and five years to the day she left American Idol, April 5th, will unveil her third recording, What If We Were Real.

The news of Mandisa’s weight loss arrived this week as her first single, “Stronger,” was released to digital retailers. Click here to purchase the single on iTunes. Inspired by the belief that surviving hardship makes us more resilient, the tune sums up the past year of Mandisa’s life.

Mandisa Before and After photos“I can’t think of a better time to have finally lost 100lbs,” Mandisa remarked this week. “How appropriate that on the day my single ‘Stronger’ is released, proclaiming that God is able to take us through the difficult times and bring us out stronger, He gives me a physical manifestation of that truth!”

With a goal of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, Mandisa hired her own trainer and worked diligently to keep a very healthy diet to drop the pounds, learning how to cook and get creative on the road, where healthy meals aren’t always easy to come by.

Immediately after weighing in, Mandisa went to her 23,000 plus Twitter followers to share the news. Her update caused such commotion on Twitter that the GRAMMY ® nominee was a trending topic in Nashville as The View’s Sherri Shepherd, Bart Millard of MercyMe, Natalie Grant and Mark Hall of Casting Crowns took to their Twitter accounts to send their congratulations. The support and feedback from Mandisa’s Twitter following was also among the inspiration for her new album, What If We Were Real. Recalling a moment where she bared her soul on Twitter, Mandisa said, “I had gained weight and was so frustrated at that moment that I said so on Twitter. I said, ‘I’m fed-up and over it.’ I was feeling embarrassed and ashamed. I realized that I had only talked about how great things were. I never let people in when they were not. It was then that I decided I’d talk about the bad things too—that I’d be real.”

“Stronger“ is also being well received at radio ranking in at No. 19 National Christian Audience Chart, No. 20 AC Monitor and No. 15 AC Indicator. 75 stations are already playing the song.

Marked by its honesty and authenticity, What If We Were Real is a welcome addition in the lineup from Mandisa whose previous studio albums have conquered exploration of inner grace and personal emancipation. The 11 songs of joy, struggle, worship and redemption encourage shining the light on who we really are, including both the good and the bad. What If We Were Real was produced from a trio of talent including Chris Stevens (Carrie Underwood, TobyMac), Dan Muckala (Amy Grant, Brandon Heath) and Chance Scoggins (Natalie Grant).

2011-03-16T21:23:28+00:00 Mar 16th|News|0 Comments

No Comments

1. Sharon Heinrich March 25, 2011 at 10:40 am - Reply

Wow! I always thought you were so beautiful and love you in Toby Mac’s music video on JCTV. What an amazing voice and now you’re gorgeous! How did you do it, especially being on the road?! Please tell us! Oh yeah, when will you be coming to Jacksonville, FL?! I want to buy tickets for my girls night out!!!!!

• Tonja Ward June 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm - Reply

Well…she was ALREADY GORGEOUS! 🙂

The “now” is that she is healthier and more reliant on the Father for everything!

2. Shirah March 26, 2011 at 11:40 pm - Reply

Dear Mandisa!

I’m so excited for you about everything you have shared from your new music release to your release into living in and loving your personal goals of becoming –Stronger in His faithfulness! Mandisa, you are a powerful witness in being HIS Daughter with His riches— and crowned with His Glory!

….and you’ve only just begun!
    Phil 1:6

In Messiah,

Shirah

3. Samalh S. March 28, 2011 at 3:14 am - Reply

Dear Mandisa congrats on all the Lord is doing in your life. I am a member of Lakewood Church in Houston. I resently bought True Beauty and DESPARATLY want to sing it for a Girls’ Seminar and April 2,2011. I think it is the perfect song to minister to the girl, but I can’t find the accompaniment cd anywhere. HELP PLEASE!

4. Aissa Torres March 30, 2011 at 3:04 am - Reply

Mandisa, you are an inspiration to me. Your journey has not only been a personal one for you but has touched the lives of so many. How amazing it is to be blessed by such an amazing gift from God and to use it to sing His praises!
    My little girls absolutely LOVE My Redeemer and Stronger. WE love all your music and pray that God continues to bless you on this amazing singing career. Keep taking care of yourself and never stop believing in yourself or your talents.
    Go Mandisa! I wish I could write music for you!!!
    Aissa

5. Beth April 5, 2011 at 4:42 am - Reply

Love the new songs…..You have come so far……God bless you!!!!

6. Lynette April 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Congratulations Mandisa on your weight loss!! Last year you came to Christ Community (IL) and I believe you had just started your journey. LOOK how far you’ve come– keep up the great work. You deserve His very best– blessings!

7. Cathy April 7, 2011 at 3:13 am - Reply

I have love your music since I first saw you an American Idol. Congrats on your weight loss. I am struggling to lose a hundred also. It’s tough! Your new song Stronger really came when I needed to hear it..God is good like that. I had lost my job in Nov. and this past week was diagnosed with M.S. and my son’s appendix ruptured and he’s been in the hospital fighting infection for two weeks. But your song reassured me that God is still in control, and we will emerge victorious thru these trials! Thank you and may God continue to use you mightily to bless others through your music!!!

8. Allison Cardona April 9, 2011 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Praise God! Keep leading the way and being obedient to the Holy Spirit!!

For Four days straight i hounded our local stores Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target and PX to have your CD none had it here in Leavenworth, Kansas 🙁 I ordered it Online:)

Thank You-You are a Blessing!!

• Chris M April 11, 2011 at 11:58 pm - Reply

Allison,
      I drove to the “Lifeways” Christian bookstore in Olathe (although there is also one of N. Oak Trafficway in KCMO) to get mine!

9. Linda Case April 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm - Reply

Mandisa, congratulations on your 100 pounds weight loss!!! I am still struggling with weight issues, but to God Be the Glory!!! I love your song “Stronger” and it keeps me going when everything looks or feels like i’m in a dark place, too continue to run this race! Many blessings to you!!!! U Fav Fan!!!

10. Laura April 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm - Reply

Praise the Lord for you! I love your songs and they have gotten me through a tough time in my life. God reveals so much through music and I am so thankful He blessed me with listening to your songs. Praying that He continues to bless abundantly. God Bless!

11. misty April 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm - Reply

I totally understand where you were. I realized I was addicted to food a long time ago and have to remind myself daily. I have lost and gained over the years also but this year determination set in that I was going to get to 199 by my birthday in june I am almost there 19 more to go! Heard you on klove today and your music/voice is wonderful! God is faithful and has definately blessed you