Christian Radio

//Christian Radio

I am a fan of Christian radio!

I believe that our relationship with God is like any other relationship. It grows stronger the more time we spend with the Him. That is why I begin my days in fellowship with God in the Word and through prayer. But I don’t just put a check mark next to “time with Jesus” on my “To-Do List” when I walk out the door. I try to communicate with Him throughout my day. That is why I love Christian radio. I have constant access to songs that build my faith and lead me to worship. Not to mention that the on-air personalities never fail to share stories and testimonies from their personal lives that challenge me and that I identify with. The other day I was listening to one of my favorite CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) stations and heard a woman call in and share that she and her husband were going through a hard time. They had their dial on this station and heard about “National Go Back to Church Day” coming up that weekend and decided to give it a try. They renewed their walk with the Lord and have felt such joy and peace since then. A few days ago I was listening to another station and heard a young girl call in and share that she was minutes away from committing suicide when she heard Tenth Avenue North’s “You Are More” and felt her Father speaking to and assuring her that He was with her! Come on! How amazing is that!?!

I have 3 wonderful stations I listen to here in Nashville and I am fully aware of how blessed that makes me. There are some places that don’t have any Christian radio stations in their area. I don’t want to take this blessing for granted, and I don’t want you to either. Many CCM stations are listener supported, and it is easy to phase out those times when they are in their pledge drive. The next time you hear your local station during this time, can I encourage you to consider how much your Christian radio station contributes to your walk with the Lord and to respond as such? I believe God delights in us when we bring offerings to the places we are “fed”. I’ll leave you with the words of Paul after the Philippian church blessed him with financial support of his ministry:

It was good of you to help me when I was having such a hard time. I am not trying to get something from you, but I want you to receive the blessings that come from giving…[The gifts] are like a sweet-smelling offering or like the right kind of sacrifice that pleases God.  I pray that God will take care of all your needs with the wonderful blessings that come from Christ Jesus! (Philippians 4:14, 17, 18b-19 CEV)

2012-09-27T15:56:38+00:00 Sep 27th|Blog|12 Comments

1. moncita miller October 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm - Reply

Today was one of those days when God’s voice was heard loud and clear in the song selections on KTLY. Beginning with Redeemed, Shackles, Until the Whole World Hears….and many more.

2. Jackie October 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing this post! I have to admit that while I do love my christian radio station, I am guilty of switching the station when they are asking for donations. Thank you for reminding us how valuable they are, and to not take them for granted. God Bless!

3. Jennifer M Krouse October 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm - Reply

What a great blog & thank you! It is so encouraging knowing that we serve a Mighty God and that we all have one goal – to Worship Him, every moment of every day! Thank you for supporting your local stations and for listening to Christian Radio wherever you go!

Jennifer M Krouse

4. Matt Bond October 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm - Reply

Mandisa, would you be willing to give us a call for our share a thon to talk about this. We are having our Share A Thon Nov. 5th – 11th.

5. Michelle October 2, 2012 at 8:16 pm - Reply

I love christian radio also. I listen to Amercan Family Radio. I get blessed even during share-a-thon which is when they raise their money!

6. BB Taylor October 15, 2012 at 6:29 pm - Reply

Hi Mandisa, I Love Hearing Your Songs On Christan Radio. I Love Your 2 Singles: “Good Morning” & “Stronger!

7. Gail Smith October 19, 2012 at 11:38 pm - Reply

I listen to contemporary Christian music all day on Time Warners Christian Music Channel. Your song Stronger came on and I love it—-absolutely love it. What new contemporary lyrics say today can bring me to my knees faster than a long winded preacher—songs really speak to me and bring me to a closer walk with my Savior. Keep up your walk, sister—-prayers to you and may God Bless you until He comes again for His children–

Your sister in Christ,
    Gail

8. Monica Wilson November 15, 2012 at 2:19 pm - Reply

My 11-year old daughter loves you and your music. This is why:
    About one year ago, she developed a horrible ear, throat, and eye infection. The onset was so sudden and scarry that I decided to take her to the ER immediately after waking up. Her eyes were almost swollen shot, and she was complaining of stabbing pains in her ear. On route to the hospital there was a school bus on fire, and we were stuck in traffic. She is not usually a complainer, so her cries had me VERY worried. I did not know what to do…so, I turned the radio on. I told her to begin to focus on worship until we got to the hospital. She is a worshipper, so she did. THEN, your song “Stronger” came on. The song ministered to her in such a way, that she was able to enter into a beautiful worship moment (in the car, stuck in traffic, on the way to the ER). By the time we got to the ER, the Lord had already started the healing process. She remembers, and she loves all your songs now. Thank you for being a good role model.

9. Donna Lucas Smith February 4, 2013 at 5:50 am - Reply

Mandisa, I want to thank you. I have been smoke free for one year!!

10. Iyebiye July 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm - Reply

This is a really nice one. Thank you mandisa for this article. Its very inspiring.

11. Anin Nina Alvarado September 20, 2013 at 6:03 am - Reply

Hi Mandisa, God bless you and all you are. I wanted to share my story and hope you receive it. I’m a born again Christian. About 6 months ago I hit the bottom–the lowest of the low in my life and I was done with this world. I was ready to leave my children, my family and few friends all behind because I was so lost & hopeless. I was at the edge and on the verge of killing myself when a song–YOUR SONG OVERCOMER came came on the radio. It stopped me in my tracks and literally took my breath away. At that moment I felt so much love, warmth and strength in my heart and soul! It brought me to my knees and tears to my eyes–god is real and here and he was there with open arms for me that night.
    Thank God for you and your message! And Thank the lord for saving me and renewing my faith! ♥♥

12. Karen Bell October 21, 2013 at 8:37 pm - Reply

Mandisa, your music has been such an inspiration to me, especially “Overcomer”. I can’t tell you how many times it has come on the radio at just the right time that I was feeling down. I do so agree with you about supporting Christian radio. I recently made a pledge during a pledge drive on the station I listen to. It isn’t much but it is a start. Thank you so much for your music. Please keep up the wonderful work and know that you are touching and changing lives everyday. May God Bless you always.