Join the Word Warriors!

//Join the Word Warriors!

Join Mandisa in memorizing a new scripture each month in 2014. The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God and with it we can fight off our enemy and our flesh the way Jesus did (see Matthew 4). Mandisa made a resolution to hide the word in her heart and would love you to join her. Sign up for Word Warriors here.

2014-01-16T16:13:46+00:00 Jan 16th|News|9 Comments

1. Pamela Britt January 20, 2014 at 5:52 am - Reply

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Grade 3 breast cancer September 20, 2013. I have undergone 8 rounds of chemotherapy. The tumor has shrunk and responded well to chemotherapy. Surgery is tentatively planned for February 11, 2014. After a double mastectomy surgery recovery period, I will undergo radiation for about 5 weeks, and then reconstruction. Treatment is going well and I give God all the glory. I’d love to memorize scripture along life’s journey. Mandisa, You are a great inspiration!

God Bless You in all you do!
    Pamela Britt

• Melanie January 23, 2014 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Pamela you are a warrior and a conqueror. What an honor it is to be in a sisterhood with you. I too have conquered Stage 2B breast cancer. Lean into Him, He is with you every step of the way!

• Valerie January 30, 2014 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Pamela – keep up the fight – I work with breast cancer patients on a daily basis – I love my job! You are a survivor, and I’m proud of you!

2. Nannette Mastrogianakis January 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Your music is so needed on the earth! Thank you for sharing your victories.

3. Debra Lara-Sedillo January 22, 2014 at 7:01 am - Reply

Mandisa on 5/1/13 I had a a dble mastecomy, & used my free flap from my tummy to restore my breast and have had 3 infections on my stomach, then had surgery again on 8/23/13 and had reaction to Reglean given for naseau which caused body tremors similar to tremors which I get daily and then got cellutitus infection on my stomach, then got C DIFFF COLITIS caused by to much antibiotics which stripped all the gd bacteria, have osteoperosis 85%, a torn left ligament and degenerated discs pinching nerves. with all that said I truly believe in the power of prayer and putting on the full armour of God and standing on the word of God and learning a scripture is so important. I know that your song Overcomer helped me throught these difficult times when I’d struggle with thoughts of not going to make it . Thank You for your obedience and allowing God to give you the words of ministry through your music.

4. Sharon Richert January 27, 2014 at 7:48 pm - Reply

I so feel your silent pain as we both walk a journey where public scruitny sears like a hou poker to the heart and soul. I am not a huge movie icon or anything like that. I did have 4/5 Of my nose removed due to cancer. This being 4 or 5 years after breast cancer/mastectomy…etc. My new nose is one formed from skingraft from forehead. My Mom’s response to finished healed product…”WELL I WOULDNT HAVE ONE THAT LOOKED LIKE THAT. CANT YOU GET IT FIXED ? “. I gained so much strength from a phrase I read that said ” God gives us scars cause we are strong enough to wear them”. Sister, I must be strong as Atlas cause these scars are the first thing you see when you look at me. And yes, I do get whiplash 2nd looks at time. No, not cause I am a raving beauty. Chemo and life have taken their toll. But your song “OVERCOMER” is my theme song in life. It is hard to deal with the mean-spirited daggers of others who speak before thinking. I figure we are BEAUTIFUL IN GODS EYES WHICH MATTERS MOST NOW. He will deal with them later.

5. Lynnfred Smith January 29, 2014 at 10:21 am - Reply

Greetings my sister in Christ, I felt everything you spoke about in your message and I stand firmly with you. I am an artist who God has shown the destructive ways of the world, much less, the music industry. We are in this world, but not of it. Your song “Overcomer” helped me make a decision to pursue my new career , but God made it very clear that I must not be overwhelmed by the ways of this world to promote or get involved with anyone not like minded and like spirited. It is very hard to find people of His Caliber and do live by His Word. The music God creates through me is not to be prostituded, but to be inspiring and reachable to all that hear it. I want to say you are in tune and truly a very remarkable young lady! Thank you for following Holy Spirit and continue to be the person God Blessed you to be! You’re an Overcomer! Much Love Lynnfred.

6. Artist News January 30, 2014 « January 30, 2014 at 6:54 am - Reply

[…] Mandisa is cheering on her fans as the month of January comes to an end. She is memorizing one verse each month during 2014 and has formed a group called Word Warriors to encourage her fans to do the same. Recently Mandisa sent out a tweeted celebrating several fans who had already memorized 1 John 4:4, the verse for this month, and reminding others that there is still time. But Mandisa added that, if you haven’t signed up to be a Word Warrior yet, you can still join the group in February. Find out more by clicking on the link at christianartistnews.info http://mandisaofficial.com/home/join-the-word-warriors/ […]

7. irene January 31, 2014 at 10:08 am - Reply

Good Morning mandisa
    Hi my name is Irene, you have brought a great inspiration in my life, you thought me that Life is beautiful and we should enjoy every heartbeat in our life’s and be grateful each day God has given us.Am a 2xs cancer survivor, lupus survivor, gone thru so much turmoil in life but I know god is on my side, 1st I hated each day to arrive cuz thinking what next til I heard overcome, wow u blew me away and woke up from all this depression in my life, so I decided to shared pictures of me with ur song on facebook to shared my story with other but it was taken off,its ok god knows how I feel,am sorry I should of ask permission first, anyway I just her stronger, wow you just brought me back to reality, life is wonderful, thank you for us who need inspiration in life when you’re feeling things aren’t going good, which they are but we don’t see it!
    Forever grateful